Decorative Cutout Crust Edges
Make your pie extra special. Use your favorite cookie cutter or make a template for a design motif. See how beautiful and simple it can be to do.
A pie crust decorated with cut-outs is an easy way to make a pie fancier. To make a decorative cut-out pie crust, start by rolling out pastry scraps until very thin. Use a cookie cutter to make the decorative elements. Deep cutter into the flour as needed, so dough doesn't stick. Cut the shapes as close as possible to each other. Here, leaf shapes are further embellished by using a small spatula to draw in veins. To help make sure the pieces stay in place, brush the edge of the pastry with water. Arrange the cut-outs on the edge of the pie and press lightly to secure.
More For You
- Easy Holiday Decorating Ideas
- Nature Crafts for Your Winter Table - Better Homes & Gardens - BHG.com
- Holiday Container Garden Ideas
- No-Fuss Holiday Buffet
- 8 Tips to Sleep Better
- 10 Healthy Recipes on a Dime
- Room Color Ideas
- Delicious Easter Brunch Recipes from Better Homes & Gardens
- 20 Ways to Add Curb Appeal