Rack a Roast with Vegetables
No roasting rack? No problem. Just check out this easy vegetable solution that gives you a delicious side dish, too.
Almost every roasting recipe calls for you to put the meat on a roasting rack, but what if you don't have one, or better yet, what if you can't find yours. I've got a simple solution for you that allows your meat to cook better and gives you a side dish too. All you have to do is take your favorite vegetables, carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes. I like garlic and onions too. Just drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Just give them a little bit of flavor. And if you wanna throw some herbs in, you can do that too. I like Italian seasoning or garlic powder if you don't have any fresh garlic. Just toss your vegetables with your seasonings and dump it into your roasting pan. And then all you do is set your meat on top, and you've got a roasting rack. The air gets underneath just as if you had your meat on a rack. So just throw your roast in the oven, roast it like you normally would, and voila, you've got dinner.
More For You
- Holiday Menus My Way
- Delicious Easter Brunch Recipes
- Elegant Dinner Party Buffet
- Patriotic Entertaining Ideas
- Easy Holiday Decorating Ideas
- A Simple & Elegant Spring Buffet
- Our Best Easter Menus
- Fun and Easy Christmas Party Ideas from Better Homes and Gardens
- How to Throw a Casual Mexican Taco Party Like a Chef
- 20 Ways to Add Curb Appeal