How to Make Turkey Gravy
Make your bird holiday-ready with this savory turkey gravy recipe. In just five simple steps, you'll have a potatoes and turkey topping your guests won't be able to resist.
You-Can-Do-It Turkey Gravy
Learning how to make turkey gravy is an essential part of preparing a delicious holiday meal. The perfect time to start your gravy is while you're waiting for your turkey to rest before you carve it. Your finished bird should sit outside the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, so you'll have plenty of time to complete the five easy steps of this turkey gravy recipe.
- After moving the turkey to a cutting board, pour the pan drippings into a large glass measuring cup. Then scrape the browned turkey bits from the pan into the cup.
- Skim and reserve the fat from the drippings. Pour 1/4 cup of the fat into a 2-quart saucepan. Discard any remaining fat.
- Stir in 1/4 cup all-purpose flour. Add enough reduced-sodium chicken broth to the remaining drippings in the measuring cup to equal 2 cups total liquid.
- Add the broth mixture to the flour mixture in the saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly. Then cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Strain the gravy into a serving dish. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.