Square Wreath for Use from Thanksgiving Through Christmas
Galax leaves (available from florists) are cold-weather hardy, making them perfect for a wreath that will last from Thanksgiving to Christmas.
What You'll Need
- 400 galax leaves (usually sold in packages of 50, and can be stored in sandwich bags and placed in the refrigerator until needed)
- Floral tape
- 28-gauge, green florist's wire
- Wire cutters
- 12x18-inch rectangular wreath frame
- 22 3-inch-diameter, matte-finish green balls, wired
- 20 1-inch-diameter, shiny gold balls, wired
- 1 yard of 3-inch-wide ribbon
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Twist a small leaf into a tight cone and wrap the base with floral tape 2 inches down the stem. Wrap this leaf with another using floral tape in the same manner. Continue with seven or eight leaves until you've formed a rosette. Make about 40 rosettes.
- Wrap 12 inches of wire around the stem of each rosette, leaving 3 inches of wire to attach each rosette to the wreath frame.
- Attach the rosettes and the wired balls to the frame and hang with ribbon.