This traditional-looking holiday centerpiece uses real apples as candleholders. You can vary the shape of the arrangement and number of candles to fit any table.
What You Need:
- 12 Red Delicious apples
- Apple corer
- 12 small white taper candles
- 1 orange
- Lemon zester
- 12-muffin baking pan or tray
- Artificial white pine swag or branches (optional; see Note)
- 4 small artificial holly branches (optional; see Note)
- 4-8 medium pinecones (optional)
- Florist's wire (optional)
1. Wash and dry apples. Using apple corer, cut a small plug from the top of each apple. Insert candle.
2. Use large hole on zester to make curls from orange peel. Embellish the tops of the apples with the curls.
3. Group the candles on a pewter muffin pan or tray. For a nod to the holidays to come, place tray on a bed of holiday greens. Wire together holly and pinecones and place one garnish on each side of arrangement, as desired.
Note: Natural cut evergreens can become extremely flammable as they dry out so never use them around an open flame. Do not leave lit candles unattended even for a minute.