What You Need
- Computer and printer
- White paper
- Tan card stock
- Patterned paper
- Brown velvet ribbon
- Paper adhesive
- Artificial bittersweet
- Mini glue dots
How to Make It
- Type guests' names in the font of your choice on a computer, adjusting the text to fit each name in a 2-x-1-inch area. To position the first name, adjust the left margin to 1 1/4 inches to allow for embellishments and the top margin to 1 3/4 inches to allow for the place-card back. Space additional names 2 1/2 inches apart to fit three names along an 11-inch edge of the card stock.
- Print a test sample on white paper; make adjustments as needed.
- When you're pleased with the sample, print the place cards on an 8-1/2-x-11-inch sheet of tan card stock.
- Cut the cards to measure 3 1/2 x 3 inches with the name about 3/8 inch from the bottom and right edges of the card. Score the middle on the back of the card and fold.
- Use adhesive to attach a 3/4-x-3-inch strip of patterned paper along the left edge; apply ribbon over the seam.
- Attach a piece of bittersweet with glue dots.