Make a Pretty Thanksgiving Place Card
Guide guests to their seats with seasonal place cards made from pretty patterned paper, ribbon, and printed names from your computer.
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Type guests' names in the font of your choice on a computer, adjusting the text to fit each name in a 2-x-1-inch area. To position the first name, adjust the left margin to 1 1/4 inches to allow for embellishments and the top margin to 1 3/4 inches to allow for the place-card back. Space additional names 2 1/2 inches apart to fit three names along an 11-inch edge of the card stock.
- Print a test sample on white paper; make adjustments as needed.
- When you're pleased with the sample, print the place cards on an 8-1/2-x-11-inch sheet of tan card stock.
- Cut the cards to measure 3 1/2 x 3 inches with the name about 3/8 inch from the bottom and right edges of the card. Score the middle on the back of the card and fold.
- Use adhesive to attach a 3/4-x-3-inch strip of patterned paper along the left edge; apply ribbon over the seam.
- Attach a piece of bittersweet with glue dots.