- Items from nature, such as pinecones, leaves, sticks, pebbles, bark, and seeds
- Kitchen items, such as bay leaves and dry bean-soup mix
- Colored poster board
- Small plate
- Thick white crafts glue
1. First gather items from the outdoors, such as those listed above.
2. Cut poster board to the desired size. On poster board, trace around a small plate for the body shape.
3. Starting at the outside of the circle, glue on small pieces in rows. Create a tail and feet from long pieces of nature items. Use bark for the head. Add eyes, a beak, and a red wattle. Let the glue dry.