Pretty Harvest Place Cards for Thanksgiving
Simple crafting staples (foam balls, ribbon, and cardstock) fashion these elegant place cards for the Thanksgiving table.
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Use a table knife to shave off a small slice from each foam ball so it sits flat and does not roll.
- Press a marble or washer into the flat side of each foam ball to provide extra stability for the place-card holders.
- Place two lengths of plaid ribbon overlapping in an X on a flat surface. Place the foam ball, flat side down, onto the center of the ribbon X.
- Cut a stalk of wheat about 2 inches below the bud. Press the wheat stem into the top center of the foam ball so just the wheat is poking out.
- Bring the ends of the plaid ribbon up around the wheat stem, wrapping the entire foam ball in ribbon. Tie the ends together with a short length of florist's wire.
- Tie three or four stands of brown raffia around the florist's wire. Trim the tails of the raffia if desired.
- Cut the cardstock into small rectangles. Punch a hole in the corner of each cardstock rectangle. Write a guest's name on each card.
- Embellish each card with a paper leaf and secure it with glue dots.
- Slip each name card onto a single stalk of wheat through the punched hole.