Create a Pomegranate Centerpiece for a Thanksgiving Table
Use pomegranates and candles to make a quick centerpiece for the Thanksgiving table.
What You Need:
- 12-inch round straw wreath
- brown raffia
- 9 glittered artificial pomegranates
- 2-inch-wide plaid ribbon
- yellow-dyed prairie grass
- 5/8-inch-wide sheer gold ribbon
- 4-inch wooden florist's picks
- Glass cake stand
- 7 brass candleholders in a variety of heights
- 8-inch tapered candles in burnt orange color
- Candle putty (optional)
continue reading below
How to Make It:
- Wrap the straw wreath with several strands of brown raffia, knotting on the inside or bottom of the wreath.
- Press the pomegranate stems evenly spaced into the wreath.
- Wrap lengths of plaid ribbon around the wreath, covering the areas between the pomegranates.
- Break off a variety of lengths of prairie grass and press them into the wreath around the pomegranates. The prairie grass should overlap to create texture and add volume.
- Tie a variety of lengths of gold ribbon bows and affix them to the 4-inch wooden florist's picks.
- Press the florist's picks into the wreath form, filling in around the pomegranates and prairie grass.
- Place the decorated wreath onto the glass cake stand. Arrange the brass candleholders in the center of the wreath on the cake stand.
- Place the tapered candles into the candleholders. Use candle putty to hold them in place if necessary.
- Tie a plaid ribbon bow around the base of the cake stand. Note: For safety reasons, never leave burning candles unattended.