Leafy Napkin Ties For a Fall Table
Bring the feel of fall to your table by making leaf-shape napkin ties and table runner decorations.
What You Need:
FOR TABLE RUNNER LEAVES:
● Wool felt in fall colors to match your table runner
● 3/16-inch contrasting organdy ribbon
● Thread to match
FOR LEAF NAPKIN TIES:
● Card stock in assorted fall colors
● Assorted beads
● 3-inch head pin
● Leather cord
● Hole punch and matching eyelets to fit the leather cord
How to Make It:
- Table Runner Leaves: Enlarge the leaf patterns on page 156 to fit both the width of your runner and the length of your table. Cut the leaves from wool felt, alternating the colors. Pin contrasting ribbon along the edges of leaf shapes. Sew down the center of the ribbon using matching thread. Place the leaves over the table runner at even intervals.
- Leaf Napkin Ties: Cut the leaves from the assorted card stock based on the pattern. Punch a hole and slide a piece of leather cord through it. Add beads to the ends of the leather cord and tie a knot on each end. Wrap the leather cord around the napkin with the leaf on top. Write the name of the person on the leaf.