Leaf It to Nature: Decorative Plates for Autumn
Preserve leaves at their peak color by making color photocopies to decoupage onto wooden plates -- perfect for displaying all season long.
Upload your photo here.
What You'll Need
- Natural wood crafts plates
- Paint or stain for wood
- Pressed leaves, pods, seeds, or other natural finds (Note: The color of pressed leaves fades quickly. Color-copy them as soon as they are flat.)
- Decoupage medium
- Spray acrylic varnish
How to Make It
- Cover work surface with newspapers. Paint or stain plates; let dry.
- Color-copy pressed finds and cut out. Arrange paper cutouts on the plates. Decoupage cutouts following manufacturer's directions; let dry.
- In a well-ventilated work area, spray the plates with varnish; let dry.
Editor's Note: These plates are for decorative purposes only and are not meant to come in contact with food.