The cookies are doubly sweet.
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine (1-1/2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Candy-coated milk chocolate-covered peanuts, gumdrops, jelly beans, and/or candy-coated milk chocolate pieces
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
2. Add egg and vanilla.B eat well.
3. With mixer on low speed gradually add flour, beating until well combined.
4. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Press a piece of desired candy in center of each and shape the dough around it so you can't see the candy. Place balls about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
5. Bake about 15 minutes or until edges are golden. Place powdered sugar in a plastic bag. While cookies are still warm, use a pancake turner to transfer 2 or 3 cookies at a time to the bag of powdered sugar. Gently shake cookies in powdered sugar until coated. Cool on a cooling rack. When cool, gently shake cookies again in powdered sugar. Makes about 36 cookies.
Nutrition facts per cookie: 85 cal., 5 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 6 mg chol., 63 mg sodium, 10 g carbo., 0 g fiber, 1 g pro., 18 mg potassium.