Sweet treats hide inside these powdered sugar cookies. Take a bite and see.
1. Turn oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter or margarine with electric mixer on medium speed until softened (about 30 seconds). Add sugar and salt and beat until fluffy.
2. Add egg and vanilla.B eat well.
3. With mixer on low speed gradually add flour, beating until well combined.
4. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Press a piece of desired candy in center of each and shape the dough around it so you can't see the candy. Place balls about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
5. Bake about 15 minutes or until edges are golden. Place powdered sugar in a plastic bag. While cookies are still warm, use a pancake turner to transfer 2 or 3 cookies at a time to the bag of powdered sugar. Gently shake cookies in powdered sugar until coated. Cool on a cooling rack. When cool, gently shake cookies again in powdered sugar. Makes about 36 cookies.
Nutrition facts per cookie: 85 cal., 5 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 6 mg chol., 63 mg sodium, 10 g carbo., 0 g fiber, 1 g pro., 18 mg potassium.