A simple canning jar hides beneath this soft floral covering.
1. Pull the wire out 2 to 3 inches on one end of the lighter-colored edge of the pink ribbon. Scrunch this end of the ribbon and wrap the wire around the edge to secure.
2. Pull the wire on the same edge from the opposite end of the ribbon. Pulling gently, evenly space gathers to a length of 12 inches. Scrunch the other end of the ribbon and wrap the wire around it. Cut off the excess wire.
3. Beginning with one end, roll the ribbon end 2 or 3 times. With coordinating thread, sew through the bottom edges to secure.
4. Continue rolling the ribbon, moving the next layer slightly up from the bottom with each roll. As you roll, sew the edges to the prior layer. For ease in rolling and stitching, hold the rose upside down so the back side faces up. When near the end of the ribbon, fold the edge under and stitch in place. Tie thread.
5. Gather the sheer fabric up around the jar evenly and tie at the top of the jar using green ribbon. Knot the green ribbon.
6. Glue the ribbon rose over the knot in the green ribbon.