Ho, ho, ho, mmmm!
- 1 cup margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Red paste food coloring
- Miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- Snow Frosting
1. In a large mixing bowl beat margarine or butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed about 30 seconds or until softened. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Add flour and beat until well combined. Remove 1 cup of dough. Stir red paste food coloring into remaining dough until desired color is attained.
2. Shape each Santa by making one 3/4-inch ball and four 1/4-inch balls from white dough. From red dough, shape one 1-inch ball and five 1/2-inch balls. On an ungreased cookie sheet flatten the 1-inch red ball for body to 1/2-inch thickness. Attach white 3/4-inch ball for head; flatten to 1/2 inch. Attach four 1/2-inch red balls for arms and legs. Shape remaining 1/2-inch red ball into a hat. Place white 1/4-inch balls at ends of arms and legs for hands and feet. Use chocolate pieces for eyes and buttons.
4. Prepare Snow Frosting. With a decorating bag fitted with a plain tip, pipe a mustache, a band of icing on hat, cuffs at hands and feet, down the front, and at the bottom of jacket. Use a star tip to pipe beard and pom-pom on hat. Makes 12.
Snow Frosting: In a large mixing bowl beat 1/2 cup shortening and 1/2teaspoon vanilla for 30 seconds. Gradually add 1-1/3 cups sifted powdered sugar, mixing well. Add 1 tablespoon milk. Gradually beat in 1 cup additional sifted powdered sugar and enough milk (3 to 4 teaspoons) to make frosting of piping consistency.
Nutrition facts per cookie: 409 cal., 25 g total fat (6 g sat. fat), 0mg chol., 118 mg sodium, 46 g carbo., 3 g pro., 45 g potassium.