Holiday fun includes wearing special clothes. Paint a sweatshirt for your own child or grandchild, or help an older child make one for a younger brother or sister.
2. Prewash and dry your sweatshirt.
3. Add Menorah pattern to the sweathshirt. Enlarge the pattern on a copy machine until it is the desired size. Trace the design onto a sheet of tracing paper using the heat transfer pencil, and then iron it onto the front of the sweatshirt (the design will be reversed when you transfer it). Note: the heat transfer pencil is permanent.
4. Prepare for decoration. Slip the cardboard inside the sweatshirt. (Don't use a wax-covered shirt board because the heat of the iron will melt the wax.) Smooth the design area of the sweatshirt over the cardboard.
5. Paint menorah and candles. Paint the menorah with pearlized gold paint; after the paint dries, apply a coat of gold glitter over the pearlized paint. Referring to the photo for guidance, paint the candles with different colors of paint, rinsing the brush carefully between colors.
6. Paint flames. Dab orange and yellow paint at the top of each candle, then blend with a toothpick. Allow the shirt to dry flat for 24 hours.
7. Wait 72 hours before first laundering the sweatshirt. When laundering, turn the sweatshirt inside out and use warm water on a gentle cycle. Place it flat or hang it on a clothesline to dry.