- Purchased red mask
- Black and purple felt
- Red satin ribbon
- Assorted feathers
- Red sequin
- Crafts glue
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- 1/4-inch dowel, 18 inches long
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Cut an assortment of 3/4-inch circles in the felt. Glue the circles to the back of the mask around the edges.
3. Cut V-shape notches in three short lengths of ribbon.
4. Glue 5 or 6 feathers in a fan pattern at the top center of the mask. Glue ribbons atop the feathers, then four felt circles, and finally a sequin.
5. Masks usually come with an elastic headband. If you prefer a handle, remove this band and have an adult or older child use the hot-glue gun to attach the dowel to the back of the mask. Attach the dowel to the right side of the mask for a right-handed child, to the left side for a lefhanded youngster.
Continued on page 5: Blue Beauty