Extra Special Peanut Butter
Tired of seeing the same old sandwich every time you make lunch for your kids? Kids can feast on fantastic foods instead of that plain peanut butter sandwich.Extra-Special Peanut Butter Ingredients:
- 2 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Assorted toppings (choose from: rasins, carrot, dried fruit, jelly, sunflower seeds, chocolate, wheat germ, coconut, granola)
1. Spread 1 slice of bread with peanut butter and choose any three toppers.
2. Add the other slice of bread.Shapely Sandwiches Ingredients:
- 2 to 4 slices bread (wheat or rye)
- 1 or 2 slices lunch meat (bologna, ham, turkey, or turkey ham)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons tub cream cheese (plain, or flavored with pineapple, or chive and onion)
- 1 or 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds, or raisins, or mixed dried fruit bits
1. Using 2-1/2-or 3-inch large cookie cutters, cut shapes from both bread and meat. Reserve bread scraps for Crunchy Treats.*
2. Layer bread, cream cheese, nuts, and meat.
3. To tote for lunch: Pack chilled sandwich in an insulated lunch box with an ice pack.
*Crunchy Treats: Tear remaining bread into bite-size pieces (about 1-3/4 cups). Adult help may be needed for the following steps.Instructions:
1. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese and a dash of garlic powder.
3. Spread the cubes in an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan.
4. Drizzle butter mixture over bread; toss to coat.
5. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven about 15 minutes or until browned and crisp, stirring the mixture once.
6. Cool, then crunch away!