Books covers don't have to be boring! In fact, ours are downright silly.
1. If using a paper bag, cut off the bottom cut the bag open along one side so it lays flat.
2. Place the large piece of paper wrong side up on a table, and set the open book on top of the paper.
3. Cut the paper so 2 to 3 inches remain on each side of the book.
4. Fold the right and left edges of the paper over the front and back cover of the book.
5. Close the book and make slits in the paper on both sides of the spine, creating 2- to 3-inch strips at the spine's top and bottom.
6. Tuck the strips between the book cover and spine.
7. Open the book; fold and tape the remaining flaps into place.
8. To make arms or paws, fold a piece of construction paper in half and cut paws or arms through both layers so you'll have a matched set.
9. Glue the ends of arms or paws to the top and bottom of the back of the book cover. Bend the arms or paws into the book to mark your page.
10. Decorate the cover with paper. Go to a copy center and laser-copy a photo to add your face to the cover. Or create a funny puppy face or anything you like. Just be sure to place the face on the book sideways, so it matches the arms.