Wrap these treats in orange plastic wrap with a ribbon for added flair. The amount of unpopped corn you'll need varies according to the type of corn. Check the package label for hints on yield.
- 10 cups plain popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 cup raisins and/or dried cranberries
- 12 wooden sticks
2. In a small saucepan combine brown sugar, water, corn syrup, and vinegar. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until the entire surface of the mixture boils. Continue cooking to 250 degree F (hard-ball stage), stirring frequently for 15 to 20 minutes after mixture comes to boiling.
3. Pour sugar mixture over popcorn. Immediately stir in apricots and raisins or dried cranberries until all ingredients are coated.
4. Using buttered hands, shape mixture into 4-inch-long sticks resembling ears of corn. If mixture is too firm to shape, return it to the warm oven for 1 to 2 minutes to soften. Insert a wooden stick into the end of each "ear." Serve the same day. Makes 12.