Add scent to the shapes and colors on your holiday tree.
1. Stir together the cinnamon, white glue, and 3/4 cup water. The dough should be as thick as cookie dough.
2. Refrigerate the dough for 2 hours.
3. Sprinkle cinnamon on your work surface.
4. Spoon the chilled dough from the bowl onto the cinnamon.
5. Use your fingers and hands to knead the dough until it is smooth. Ask an adult to show you how to knead dough if you have not done it before.
6. Sprinkle more cinnamon on the work surface.
7. Roll the dough to about 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out the shapes with your choice of cookie cutters.
8. Poke a hole in each shape with a plastic straw. The circle of dough will put out with the straw.
9. Dry the shapes: Lay them on waxed paper at room temperature and turn them over twice a day for four days. Or, to dry them more quickly, bake them on a cookie sheet in a warm oven for 2 hours. The ornaments will shrink as they dry. And, if you don't turn the ornaments often enough while they are drying, the edges will curl.
10. When the shapes are dry, add ribbon hangers.
11. Leave the ornaments unpainted, or use acrylic paints and a brush to decorate them. Let each color dry before you add the next color.