Give your home unbeatable character in just one weekend. These home projects offer quick, impactful solutions to fill your indoor and outdoor spaces with style and function. Whether you seek easy landscaping plans, curb appeal projects, or budget decorating ideas, these hand-picked updates are designed to bring out your inner weekend warrior.See More
Vintage transportation inspired a classic boys' theme to give this room a hot-rod attitude.
Transportation is a perfect theme for any little boy who loves things that move. The sophisticated color palette and artwork possibilities are perfect for parents who don't want to redecorate two years down the road.
Accessories support the room's theme, especially replicas of antique toys. Vintage posters are a classy addition to the space. The room's more juvenile accessories, such as stuffed animals, picture books, and toy trucks and trains, can easily be removed as the resident grows, but the bold color scheme has staying power.
A comfy reading nook with a fire-engine red chair is the perfect spot for bedtime stories and snuggles.
A band of stripes is an easy do-it-yourself project that adds a personal touch. Master these simple steps to get the look:
1. Mark the area to be painted with removable painter's tape.
2. Paint this section the base color of the band (the thinner stripes will be painted over it). In this room, for example, the green stripe was painted first.
3. Once dry, use different widths of painter's tape to mask off the other stripes. You'll need to do this in stages because you cannot mask all the stripes off without blocking some areas with the tape.
4. Brush decorator's glaze over the edges of the tape to keep the paint from bleeding under the tape and ruining the stripes.
5. Paint the stripe, slightly overlapping the tape; let dry. Repeat until all the stripes have been painted.
6. Carefully remove the tape. If the tape starts to pull up the paint, use a blow dryer to warm the adhesive as you carefully remove the tape.