Quantity: 4 servings
- 8 ounces fettuccine or linguine
- 2 cups small broccoli flowerets
- 1 portion (2-2/3 cups) frozen Browned Mushroom Sauce, thawed
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or beef broth
- 6 to 8 ounces cooked chicken or smoked chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- Fresh thyme sprigs (optional)
2. Meanwhile, in a 2-quart saucepan heat thawed Browned Mushroom Sauce just to boiling. Add sherry or broth; whisk until sauce is smooth. Stir in chicken; heat through. Serve over hot pasta mixture. Garnish with thyme, if desired.
Nutrition facts per serving: 495 cal., 15 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 43 mg chol., 411 mg sodium, 63 g carbo., 5 g fiber, 27 g pro. Daily values: 25% vit. A, 66% vit. C, 12% calcium, 4% iron.
NOTE: Fettuccine and linguine are available in both dried and refrigerated forms at the supermarket. Each needs a slightly different cooking time: The dried pastas take about 8 to 10 minutes, and the refrigerated versions take only 1-1/2 to 2 minutes. Also, when substituting a refrigerated pasta for the dried pasta called for in a recipe, double the amount of dried pasta called for to get enough for each serving.