15 small red skin potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup of Breakstone's Sour Cream
3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter; softened
1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
3 slices of bacon; cooked until crisp and chopped
1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese
4 chives finely chopped
Breakstone's Sour Cream
Finely chopped chives
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice off a thin portion from the bottoms of the potatoes so they can sit upright without falling over.
3. Add potatoes to a gallon size bag and pour in your olive oil. Seal and coat all of the potatoes with the olive oil.
4. Remove potatoes from bag and place the potatoes upright on a foil-lined sheet pan; sprinkle with salt.
5. Bake the potatoes in the oven for 30 minutes or until tender.
6. When the potatoes have cooled enough to be handled, carefully scoop out most of the potato into a bowl. A serrated spoon works well for this process. Take care to leave enough potato in the skin so the shells stay together.
7. Mash the scooped potato lightly with fork, or run through a potato ricer.
8. Add the Breakstone's Sour Cream, heavy cream, butter, and salt and combine until smooth.
9. Fold in chopped bacon and cheese into the potato mixture.
10. Evenly spoon or pipe the filling into the hallowed potatoes and return to the 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
11. Garnish with Breakstone's Sour Cream and finely chopped chives.