Center-cut bacon and Creamy Wild Rice Stuffing elevates humble turkey breast to the star of the Thanksgiving menu!
Receive Kraft emails with simple menu ideas, tips and special offers and opportunities.
1 10oz boneless, skinless turkey breast
Salt & pepper
6 slices center cut bacon
1 6oz package wild rice mix
2 Tablespoons butter
1 rib celery, chopped
1/4 cup onion, chopped
2 Tablespoons dried cranberries
2 Tablespoons walnut pieces
1/2 cup sour cream
1. Prepare wild rice mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté celery and onion until soft, about 6 minutes.
2. Add dried cranberries, walnut pieces and sour cream to the skillet. Heat until sour cream has melted then add cooked wild rice and stir to combine. Remove skillet from heat and set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butterfly turkey breast by slicing horizontally across the length of the breast, being careful not to cut all the way through, and open like a book. Lay a piece of plastic wrap on top and pound until 1/2 inch thick.
4. Season butterflied turkey breast with salt & pepper, then mound 1 cup wild rice mixture onto one side of the breast, leaving 1/2 inch clear around the edge. Fold the other side over and secure with toothpicks.
5. Lay 6 slices of bacon out on a cutting board. Place the stuffed turkey breast in the middle and fold bacon slices over, trimming any overlapping pieces.
6. Place bacon wrapped turkey breast on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast for 40 minutes or until internal stuffing temperature reaches 160 degrees.
7. Allow turkey breast to rest for 10 minutes. Remove toothpicks, slice and serve.