The Elements of Stuffing
For many stuffing fans, the only reason for the turkey at Thanksgiving is to hold the stuffing.
continue reading below
- a starch, such as bread, corn bread, rice, or potatoes
- a liquid, such as broth, wine, or liquor (or a combination of these)
- other additions that can include herbs
- dried or fresh fruits
- sausage or other meats
- or seafood, such as oysters, crab, or shrimp.
If you want to create your own recipe, keep these proportions in mind:
- For every 1 cup of bread or other starch, you will need about 2 tablespoons of liquid, just enough to moisten the bread.
- For each pound of uncooked poultry, you will need about 3/4 cup stuffing.
- If you just want stuffing, there's no requirement for a bird.
How to make Bread Cubes for Stuffing
Watch how to make bread cubes for stuffing HERE.