The Elements of Stuffing
For many stuffing fans, the only reason for the turkey at Thanksgiving is to hold the stuffing.
Upload your photo here.
Stuffing, or dressing as it is also called, requires these elements:
- a starch, such as bread, corn bread, rice, or potatoes
- a liquid, such as broth, wine, or liquor (or a combination of these)
- other additions that can include herbs
- dried or fresh fruits
- sausage or other meats
- or seafood, such as oysters, crab, or shrimp.
If you want to create your own recipe, keep these proportions in mind:
- For every 1 cup of bread or other starch, you will need about 2 tablespoons of liquid, just enough to moisten the bread.
- For each pound of uncooked poultry, you will need about 3/4 cup stuffing.
- If you just want stuffing, there's no requirement for a bird.
How to make Bread Cubes for Stuffing
Watch how to make bread cubes for stuffing HERE.