Elegant presentation in wine or parfait glasses or your best dessert dishes showcases a delightful last course.
- 2 beaten egg yolk
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 8-oz. carton vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp. finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Additional fresh raspberries (optional)
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
1. In a small heavy saucepan combine egg yolks, water, sugar, and lemon juice. Cook and stir over medium heat till mixture just comes to boiling. Cool mixture to room temperature quickly by placing pan in a sink or bowl of ice water, stirring constantly.
2. In a small bowl combine yogurt and lemon peel; stir in cooled yolk mixture. Cover; chill 4 to 24 hours. To serve, divide berries among 4 stemmed glasses or dessert dishes. Spoon yogurt mixture atop. Garnish with additional raspberries and fresh mint, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition facts per serving: 154 cal., 4 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 110 mg chol., 44 mg sodium, 26 g carbo.,3 g fiber, 5 g pro. Daily Value: 7% vit. A, 29% vit. C, 14% calcium.