- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 - 3 1/2 pounds boneless beef pot roast (rump, chuck or round)
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 4 medium all-purpose potatoes (about 2 lbs.), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 - 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Brown roast in Dutch oven or 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix blended with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, turning roast occasionally, 2 hours.
2. Add vegetables and cook an additional 30 minutes or until vegetables and roast are tender; remove roast and vegetables.
3. For gravy, blend remaining 1/2 cup water with flour; stir into Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Combine 2 ENVELOPES Soup Mix with 2 cups water. Arrange vegetables, then roast in slow cooker. Pour soup mixture over roast. Cook covered on LOW 8 to 10 hours or HIGH 4 to 6 hours or until roast is tender. Remove roast and vegetables to serving platter. Blend remaining 1/2 cup water with flour and stir into juices in slow cooker. Cook covered on HIGH 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Also terrific with Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Mushroom Soup Mix or Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Beefy Onion Soup Mix.
- Cost per recipe*: $13.36. Cost per serving*: $1.67. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 340,
- Fat, total (g) 7,
- chol. (mg) 110,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 27,
- Trans fatty acid (g) 0,
- fiber (g) 3,
- sugar (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 41,
- vit. A (IU) 100,
- vit. C (mg) 40,
- sodium (mg) 460,
- calcium (mg) 6,
- iron (mg) 25,
- Mark as Free Exchange () 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet