- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 lemons
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 1/2-inch-thick turkey breast tenderloin steaks (about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
1. Finely shred enough peel from one of the lemons to make 1 teaspoon; set aside. Halve and squeeze the juice from that lemon (should have about 3 tablespoons); set aside. Cut the other lemon into very thin slices; set aside.
2. For rub, in a small bowl combine the shredded lemon peel, 2 teaspoons of the olive oil, the rosemary, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over both sides of turkey steaks; rub in with your fingers.
3. For a charcoal grill, grill turkey on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 6 minutes. Arrange lemon slices on top of turkey, overlapping if necessary. Cover and grill for 6 to 9 minutes more or until turkey is no longer pink (170 degree F). (For a gas grill, preheat gas grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place turkey on the grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
4. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine the remaining olive oil, the lemon juice, and the capers. Heat through.
5. Remove turkey steaks to a serving platter. Drizzle with the warm caper mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Makes 4 servings.
- If you cant find turkey tenderloin steaks at your local grocery store, buy whole turkey tenderloins; then cut them horizontally into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 159,
- Fat, total (g) 5,
- chol. (mg) 71,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 1,
- fiber (g) 0,
- pro. (g) 26,
- vit. A (IU) 49,
- vit. C (mg) 7,
- sodium (mg) 269,
- calcium (mg) 10,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet