- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 6 small or medium crookneck squash
- 3 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 12 baby carrots
- 4 chives, cut into 24 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped assorted fresh herbs (parsley, mint, tarragon, dill, chives)
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
1. Slice fat part of squash into 24 slices (save the necks for another recipe).
2. Melt Country Crock® Spread in large skillet. Add garlic and cook until golden, about 5 minutes. Add squash and carrots, saute until tender, about 7 minutes.
3. Arrange carrots on serving dish or individual plates. Place two squash rounds on either side of carrots. Using a toothpick, poke two holes in the tops of each carrot and insert chive pieces as "antennae."
4. Sprinkle remaining herbs on squash "wings." Add salt and pepper.
- If you want these to hold together, add toothpicks -- but don't forget to remove them before eating!
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 100,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 10,
- fiber (g) 3,
- sugar (g) 5,
- pro. (g) 3,
- vit. A (RE) 1030,
- vit. C (mg) 35,
- sodium (mg) 180,
- calcium (mg) 61,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet