- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Country Crock® Spread, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
3. Grate potatoes using food processor fitted with a shredding disk or with a box grater. In large bowl, combine the potatoes with enough cold water to cover and let soak for 10 minutes.
4. Drain the potatoes and then layer them between kitchen towels and squeeze to remove any excess water.
5. In a large mixing bowl, mix the potatoes, onion, egg, salt and pepper. Gather a handful of potatoes and place on baking sheet in a mound. With your hands form an oval half-dome. With a spatula press a 1-inch crevice down the center of the oval lengthwise to define the two lobes of the "brain." Make three more brains. Brush tops and sides of brains with Country Crock® Spread.
6. Bake 30-40 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and serve.
- Pairing scrambled egg whites with Hashbrains is a smart way to start the day! Use Country Crock® Spread for extra fluffy eggs!
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 220,
- Fat, total (g) 9,
- chol. (mg) 45,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 30,
- fiber (g) 3,
- sugar (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 4,
- vit. A (RE) 103,
- vit. C (mg) 12,
- sodium (mg) 270,
- calcium (mg) 20,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet