- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and very thinly sliced
- 3 medium baking potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Bring small saucepan of water to a boil. Add pepper slices and boil until pliable, about 5 minutes; drain. In medium saucepan, cook the potatoes in salted water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes, reserving 2 tablespoons cooking water, then return potatoes to the saucepan.
2. Add the Country Crock® Spread, sour cream, garlic, salt and pepper. Mash with a potato masher or a ricer until the ingredients are blended and the mixture is fluffy. Add the reserved water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the potatoes are the desired consistency (keep them stiff enough to hold their shape).
3. Using an ice cream scoop, mold a scoop of potatoes into a half sphere on a plate. Add pepper strips to resemble laces. Cut strips of pepper into smaller 1/4-inch pieces to make cross-stitches. Make additional baseballs with remaining potatoes and peppers.See nutrition information for sodium content.
- If this dish scores with your family, check out the recipe for Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Cauliflower at www.CountryCrock.com!
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 170,
- Fat, total (g) 5,
- chol. (mg) 5,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 28,
- fiber (g) 4,
- sugar (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 3,
- vit. A (RE) 258,
- vit. C (mg) 71,
- sodium (mg) 520,
- calcium (mg) 40,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet