- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 8 Mission® 96 percent Fat Free Heart Healthy Soft Taco Tortillas
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound 1/4 inch thick long strips skirt steak or flank steak
- 1 - 2 small jalapenos, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Iodized salt to taste
- Fine ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups corn, cooked
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and reserve.
2. Add steak to skillet and cook until no longer pink, about 2 minutes. Add jalapeno, cumin, chiii powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to heated bowl and reserve.
3. In a medium-size bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, vinegar, and oil. Reserve.
4. Warm tortillas over gas flame or electric burner (or microwave per directions on package) until they begin to color. Transfer to a napkin-lined basket.
5. To serve, arrange the basket of warmed tortillas and the three reserved bowls (peppers/onions, steak, and corn mixture) and have your family assemble their own tacos at the table.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 320,
- Fat, total (g) 10,
- chol. (mg) 20,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 38,
- fiber (g) 7,
- sugar (g) 6,
- pro. (g) 18,
- vit. A (RE) 103,
- vit. A (IU) 486,
- vit. C (mg) 30,
- sodium (mg) 520,
- calcium (mg) 151,
- iron (mg) 4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet