- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 1 pound boxesGnocchi (refrigerated, frozen or vacuum packed)
- 1 packageJohnsonville® Sweet or Mild Italian Sausage links, decased
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 pound Snap Peas
- 1 mediumRed Bell Pepper, 1/2 inch diced
- 6 - 8 ounces Pesto, (store bought or fresh made, 3/4- 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup Light Cream (or half and half)
- 1/2 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. In a large pot, cook the gnocchi according to the package directions. Drain, rinse and return them to the pot.
2. In a 12" skillet, heat oil over medium heat and saute the snap peas and red peppers until tender, about 4 minutes. Toss into the pot with the reserved cooked gnocchi. In the same skillet, cook and crumble Italian sausage until cooked through about 8-10 minutes. Transfer sausage to the pot with the vegetables and pasta.
3. Over med-low heat, stir to combine the pasta, vegetables and sausage mixture. Add the pesto and light cream; toss gently to coat all the ingredients. Heat through and serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
4. * Substitution, if you cant find gnocchi, try this easy pesto and cream sauce on any type of pasta. You can also use cup of frozen peas in place of the snap peas.