- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears (16 spears)
- 1 8 ounce package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese
1. PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees F.
2. REMOVE pastry dough from freezer and let thaw for 10 minutes.
3. WHILE dough is thawing, wash and trim asparagus so it is 1-1/2 inches shorter than width of pastry sheet.
4. IN a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, grated Parmesan, chopped basil leaves and lemon juice. Set aside.
5. UNFOLD dough onto a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Cut into 4 equal rectangles. Separate rectangles slightly on sheet.
6. SPREAD cream cheese mixture onto each of the pastry rectangles, not quite to edges. Press 4 asparagus spears onto each rectangle, alternating directions. Sprinkle pastries with sea salt and drizzle with olive oil.
7. BAKE for 18 to 22 minutes until pastries are golden brown.
8. REMOVE from oven, cut each pastry in half and transfer to serving platter. Garnish with a sprinkle of shaved Parmesan cheese and serve.
9. Recipe Submitted by Real Women of PHILADELPHIA Contestant: Mandy Heaston