- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 teaspoons blackened seasoning, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon gumbo file powder
- 2 teaspoons Cajun gumbo seasoning mix, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground red pepper (cayenne), divided
- 6 tilapia fillets
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 8 ounce package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 teaspoons parsley flakes, divided
- 1 pound uncooked deveined peeled medium shrimp
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. PLACE 1 tsp. each of blackened seasoning, lemon pepper, garlic powder, gumbo file, cayenne pepper and Cajun gumbo seasoning mix in a bowl; mix.
2. SEASON the tilapia by rubbing the seasoning mixture on both sides of the fillets.
3. MELT 1 stick of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place tilapia in the pan; cook first side. Continue to monitor this pan and turn fish once first side is browned.
4. MEANWHILE, melt remaining stick of butter in second large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped garlic, green onions, mushrooms, cream of celery soup, cream cheese and heavy cream; stir gently to ensure a well-blended sauce.
5. ONCE fish is browned on both sides, lower the heat on the pan to keep the fish warm, but not overcooked.
6. TO the cream cheese sauce add 1 tsp. each of blackened seasoning, cayenne pepper, gumbo seasoning mix and parsley; mix well. Add the shrimp, stirring until the shrimp turns bright pink. Add mozzarella; sir until sauce is well blended.
7. PLACE tilapia on a serving platter. Top the tilapia with the creamy sauce. Place 2 tsp. of parsley flakes across the dish for garnish. Enjoy!
8. Recipe Submitted by Real Women of PHILADELPHIA Contestant: Cynthia Price