- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 roll(16.5 oz size) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 container(1 lb) creamy white creamy ready-to-spread frosting
- 30 small candy canes
- Green decorating gel
- Red candy sprinkles
1. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in flour until well blended. Shape dough into 10-inch log; wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze 30 minutes.
2. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove dough from freezer. Flatten dough down center with handle of wooden spoon. To form boot shape, with fingers, flatten one side of log until about 3/4 inch thick. (See photo.) Cut log into 3/8-inch slices. On ungreased cookie sheets, place slices 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly with fingers.
3. Bake 8 to 11 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
4. Spread frosting on cookies. place small amount of frosting along bottom edge of each cookie; attach candy canes to form "skate blades," breaking off portion of tip of curved end, if necessary.
5. with green gel, pipe laces and outline on skates. Use candy sprinkles to decorate skates.
- Skip the candy cane skate blade and ecorate these tasty cookies as winter boots.
- cal. (kcal) 120,
- Fat, total (g) 5,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 17,
- Trans fatty acid (g) 2,
- sugar (g) 14,
- sodium (mg) 60,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet