- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 foll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Additional 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vanilla creamy ready-to-spread frosting (from 1-lb container)
- Red food color (liquid or paste)
- Miniature candy-coated chocolate baking bits and/or chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in 1/4 cup flour until well blended. Remove half the dough, and refrigerate remaining dough until needed. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons flour onto work surface. With floured rolling pin, roll out dough 1/4 inch thick.
2. With cookie cutters, cut dough into 2 1/2-inch rounds, ovals, stars and half moon shapes (see shapes in photo). On ungreased cookie sheets, place shapes 2 inches apart. Repeat with remaining half of dough and flour.
3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
4. In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup of the frosting and food color until well blended and desired red color. Decorate each cookie to look like Santa with red frosting, white frosting and baking bits.
- Paste colors can be found at baking supply stores or at craft stores with the cake decorating supplies. Since paste colors produce an intense deep color, use a small amount. Store paste colors at room temperature.
- cal. (kcal) 150,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- chol. (mg) 5,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 24,
- Trans fatty acid (g) 1,
- fiber (g) 0,
- sugar (g) 16,
- vit. A (IU) 0,
- vit. C (mg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 65,
- calcium (mg) 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet