- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 package (1 lb) creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 gallon peppermint stick, party mint or mint chip ice cream, softened
- 1 container (12 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
1. In medium bowl, mix crushed cookies and 1/2 cup melted butter. Press mixture firmly in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
2. In large bowl, stir together ice cream and 2 cups of the whipped topping; spoon evenly over cookie crust. Freeze about 3 hours or until firm.
3. Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter and the chocolate over low heat stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; gradually stir in milk. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until slightly thickened; stir in vanilla. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
4. Pour 2 cups of the chocolate sauce evenly over ice cream. Freeze at least 8 hours but no longer than 2 weeks. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce.
5. Reheat reserved sauce until just warm. To serve, cut into 5 rows by 3 rows. Top with sauce and remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with crushed candies.
- Servings Per Recipe 15,
- cal. (kcal) 680,
- Fat, total (g) 37,
- chol. (mg) 75,
- sat. fat (g) 20,
- carb. (g) 79,
- Trans fatty acid (g) 3,
- fiber (g) 4,
- sugar (g) 59,
- pro. (g) 8,
- vit. A (IU) 729,
- vit. C (mg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 380,
- calcium (mg) 202,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet