- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 small (2 pounds) bone-in chicken breasts, skin removed
- 2 teaspoons Herbs de Provence (or combination of dried thyme, fennel, basil and savory)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/4 pounds small red potatoes
- 3/4 cup frozen, thawed pearl onions
- 1 cup small baby carrots
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces small baby bella or white mushrooms
- Chopped fresh thyme (optional)
1. Combine the Herbs de Provence, garlic salt and pepper on a dinner plate. Spoon flour on to second dinner plate. Coat each chicken breast in the herb mixture; then dredge well in flour.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook over medium-high heat until chicken is golden brown on both sides (approximately 3-4 minutes per side). Cook chicken in two batches if necessary so as not to crowd the pan.
3. Place chicken in a large slow cooker and add remaining ingredients except fresh thyme. Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. Sprinkle with fresh thyme before serving, if desired.
- Omit Herbs de Provence and sprinkle chicken with 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon ground cumin and 1 teaspoon dried oregano. Add 1 cup green or red salsa and 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies. Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro before serving, if desired.
- Omit Herbs de Provence and sprinkle chicken with 2 teaspoons garam masala, an Indian seasoning found in the spice section of major retailers. Add 1 cup rinsed and drained canned garbanzo beans, 1/2 cup golden raisins and 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Omit Herbs de Provence and sprinkle chicken with 2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning. Add 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not oil packed).
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 430,
- Fat, total (g) 8,
- carb. (g) 50,
- fiber (g) 5,
- pro. (g) 47,
- vit. C (mg) 35,
- sodium (mg) 400,
- Potassium (mg) 604,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet