- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 5 small Yukon gold potatoes and 5 small red potatoes or potato type of your choice (try russets, white or fingerlings)
- 1 pint sweet mini peppers (red, orange and yellow)
- 8 sprigs cilantro, picked from stems
- 4 tablespoons fat-free sour cream or fat-free Greek yogurt (optional)
- Cooking spray
- Salt, chili powder and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Place whole potatoes (do not poke) into microwave-safe covered dish.
2. Microwave on HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. While potatoes are cooking, cut mini peppers into small 1/4-inch slices. Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray and heat to medium. Add peppers and saute until they start to brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Remove potatoes from microwave and using a layer of paper towels covering each potato, smash it on a cutting board until 1 3/4-inch thick. Helpful tip: Use the side of a coffee cup or flat cooking utensil to smash the potatoes.
5. Spray saute pan with cooking spray, heat on high and add smashed potatoes. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until potatoes start to brown.
6. On a plate, place potatoes and layer with sour cream or yogurt (optional), peppers and cilantro. Dust with salt, chili powder and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 50,
- carb. (g) 11,
- fiber (g) 1,
- sugar (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 1,
- vit. A (RE) 82,
- vit. C (mg) 41,
- sodium (mg) 350,
- Potassium (mg) 293,
- calcium (mg) 20,
- iron (mg) 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet