- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 6 russet potatoes or potato type of your choice (try red, yellow, white or fingerlings)
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme, picked from stems
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Place whole potatoes (do not poke) into microwave-safe covered dish.
3. Microwave on HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool.
4. Cut each potato lengthwise into 8 even wedges
5. In a large mixing bowl toss the potatoes with garlic cloves, olive oil and thyme, and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
6. Arrange the potatoes and garlic in a single layer on a baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10 minutes until the potatoes are crisp, rotate and cook an additional 10 minutes until dark golden brown on all sides. Transfer to a plate and serve.
- Follow original directions, but omit thyme and garlic and replace with 4 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary, reduce olive oil to two tablespoons.
- Omit thyme, garlic cloves, olive oil and black pepper. Stir together 3 teaspoons chili powder and 2 teaspoons each: dried cilantro, onion powder, garlic powder and ground cumin in a small bowl. Sprinkle on potatoes before baking. Sprinkle 1 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese over cooked fries and bake for a minute or 2 longer to melt cheese.
- Omit thyme, garlic cloves and olive oil. Stir together salt, pepper and 2 teaspoons garlic powder and 2 teaspoons onion powder in a small bowl. Brush potato wedges with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, then sprinkle seasonings over potatoes before baking.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 180,
- Fat, total (g) 4,
- chol. (mg) 0,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 34,
- Trans fatty acid (g) 0,
- fiber (g) 3,
- sugar (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 9,
- vit. A (RE) 0,
- vit. C (mg) 35,
- calcium (mg) 20,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet