- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 package (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE'S Sour Cream
- 1 package (4-serving size) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided
- 1 package (8 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
1. PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan. Beat all ingredients except whipped topping, chocolate and raspberries in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into prepared pan.
2. BAKE 50 minutes to 1 hour or until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Loosen cake from side of pan with knife or metal spatula and gently remove cake. Cool cake completely on wire rack. Place on serving plate.
3. RESERVE 2 tablespoons of the whipped topping. Microwave remaining whipped topping and chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after each minutes. Drizzle over cake. Immediately drop reserved whipped topping, by scant teaspoonfuls, around top of cake; create star shape by drawing wooden toothpick through middle several times. Spoon raspberries into center of cake. Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
A serving of this sweet treat goes a long way on chocolate flavor.
If you don't have a traditional cake plate or pedestal plate to serve this cake on, any large round plate will do. Just cover the plate with an inexpensive paper doily.