- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 8 cups Swanson® Beef Broth (Regular, 50% Less Sodium or Certified Organic)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 4 large carrots, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup uncooked dried lentils
- 1/2 cup uncooked pearl barley
1. Stir the broth, garlic, oregano, carrots, onion, lentils and barley in a 3 1/2-to 6-quart slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours* or until the lentils and barley are tender.
- *Or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve with crusty whole-grain rolls and lowfat Swiss cheese with grainy mustard. For dessert serve fresh fruit salad