- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 1/2 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness or Certified Organic)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into cubes (about 4 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup instant mashed potato flakes or buds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat the broth, garlic, potatoes, carrots, onion, celery and bacon in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
2. Reduce the heat to medium. Stir the milk, potato flakes and parsley in the saucepan. Cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling, stirring occasionally.
- Swanson® Seasoned Chicken Broth with Roasted Garlic is no longer available. Campbell's Kitchen has modified this recipe with chicken broth to deliver the same great dish you enjoyed.