- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 turkey (12- to 14- pounds)
- 1 3/4 cups Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Remove the package of the giblets and neck from the turkey cavity. Rinse the turkey with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Tie the ends of the drumsticks together.
2. Place the turkey, breast side-up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush the turkey with the stock. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat, making sure the thermometer is not touching the bone.
3. Roast at 325 degrees F. for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until the thermometer reads 180 degrees F. and the drumstick moves easily, basting occasionally with the stock. Begin checking for doneness after 2 1/2 hours of cooking time. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the turkey from the roasting pan. Pour off any fat. Stir the stock and flour in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth. Stir the stock mixture in the pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture boils and thickens. Season to taste. Serve the gravy with the turkey.
- Serve with savory herb stuffing and cranberry relish. For dessert serve with pumpkin pie.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 1067,
- Fat, total (g) 49,
- chol. (mg) 413,
- sat. fat (g) 14,
- carb. (g) 3,
- fiber (g) 0,
- pro. (g) 143,
- sodium (mg) 491,
- calcium (mg) 131,
- iron (mg) 9,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet