- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 whole bulb garlic
- 2 2/3 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness or Certified Organic)
- 5 large potatoes, cut into 1" pieces (about 7-1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or green onion tops (optional)
1. Cut off the top of the garlic bulb. Drizzle with about 2 tablespoons of the broth. Wrap the bulb in aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour or until it's softened.
2. Place the broth and potatoes in a 3-quart saucepan and heat to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain, reserving the broth.
3. Mash the potatoes with 1-1/4 cups of the broth, 2 or 3 cloves of roasted garlic* and chives, if desired. Add additional broth, if needed, until desired consistency is reached.
- *Leftover roasted garlic is perfect for garlic toast, meat gravy, soups, etc.