- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 1/2 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness or Certified Organic)
- Generous dash ground black pepper
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 package (16 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Herb Seasoned Stuffing
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Heat the broth, black pepper, celery and onion in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the stuffing and mix lightly.
2. Spoon the stuffing mixture into a greased 3-quart casserole dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until hot.
- For crunchier stuffing, bake the casserole uncovered.
- Stir 1/2 cup each dried cranberries and chopped pecans into the stuffing mixture.
- Add 1 cup sliced mushrooms to the vegetables during cooking. Stir 1/2 pound cooked and crumbled pork sausage into the stuffing mixture.
- Serve with a store-bought rotisserie chicken or turkey breast and steamed whole green beans. For dessert, serve key lime pie.
- Servings Per Recipe 11,
- cal. (kcal) 170,
- Fat, total (g) 2,
- sat. fat (g) 0,
- carb. (g) 34,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 5,
- vit. A (RE) 0,
- vit. C (mg) 2,
- sodium (mg) 810,
- calcium (mg) 40,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet