SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Prepare Creamy Filling. Cover and chill as directed.
2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl stir together flour and cocoa powder; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat shortening with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, baking soda, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg, buttermilk, and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour mixture.
3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons 2 1/2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.** Bake about 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
4. Spread 1 rounded tablespoon of the filling on bottoms of half of the cookies. Top with the remaining cookies, bottom sides down. Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
1. In a large mixing bowl combine butter, powdered sugar, marshmallow creme, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth. Cover and chill about 1 hour or until firm.